Pete Wicks may be ousted from Strictly Come Dancing early due to fan backlash after it was revealed he lied about his dancing skills.

STRICTLY Come Dancing fans have branded one of this year’s celebrities as “fake” after he made his show debut.

Viewers of the BBC One series have laid into the star and accused him of pulling a “power move” to impress the judges during the competition.

Fans have accused Pete Wicks of 'faking' his incompetence on the dance floor
The Towie star claimed to not know what a Paso Doble is during the launch show

Pete Wicks, 36, took to the ballroom on Saturday night in the first group dance after it was revealed he has been partnered with Jowita Przystał.

The Only Way Is Essex star was also told that he and Jowita will be performing a Paso Doble when the competition properly gets underway this weekend.

Pete showed he has rhythm during the first group dance with Jowita Przystal
Skeptical fans have branded his apparent ignorance as his 'power move'

But eagle-eyed fans are convinced Pete – who claims to be clueless when it comes to dance – isn’t being entirely honest about his skills.

Sharing their thoughts on a Strictly forum, one viewer said: “My mate reckons Pete being the only one doing the paso in Week One is a ‘power move’ and indicates he’s better than he’s trying to let on in his pre show interviews.

“It shows they’re quietly confident because they could run the risk of negative comparisons to Nigel [Harman’s] from last year if it’s a bit naff!”

Agreeing, another said: “I tend to agree, I feel in his intro video he is making out he going to be awful but kind of knows he isn’t.”

Referencing Pete’s song – Firestarter by The Prodigy – a third chimed in: “Pete and Shayne have the pick of the songs for me. In terms of making an impact with the audience.”

Pete’s dance floor rival Shayne Ward will be performing to Stevie Wonder’s Do I Do with his professional partner Nancy Xu.

During last weekend’s Strictly launch show, Pete was quick to share his ignorance about dancing with the cameras.

“Strictly, it’s a whole new world because I have absolutely zero rhythm. But I love a challenge,” he said.

“I think people’s opinion of me is that I’m overly confident but this is going to be the most vulnerable I have ever been and I am petrified. I just want to get past week 1. If I can get past week 2…”

Later, Pete was seen sitting next to Jowita as they were told what their first dance and song are.

Pete had told Jowita that he “isn’t flexible”, so she said: “If you really want to win, I have a schedule already sorted. So Monday, 4.30am we go to yoga. Then pilates. Then after that, we go to ballet.”

He scoffed: “Oh don’t be so ridiculous!”

Pete told Jowita he loves the song Firestarter but asked the studio – including his fellow competitors and host Claudia Winkleman: “What’s a paso doble?”

Claudia said to him: “Never mind, you’ll find out. You’re going to be fine.”

Pete is among 15 celebrities taking part in this year’s Strictly Come Dancing.

With the BBC hoping this year’s series goes off without a hitch, they have been forced to add new duty of care procedures into rehearsals.

After an official complaint was lodged against Giovanni Pernice in May by his 2023 partner Amanda Abbington, a probe into the professional dancers’ conduct has been ongoing.

This has led to the series implementing chaperones in the rehearsal rooms with the celebrities and dancers while they prepare for each week.

Last Friday, Pete was spotted with his chaperone as he left dance training in London.

While the results of the probe are yet to be announced, it is believed the BBC were eager to put the situation to bed before the series kicked off last weekend.

Follow us to see more useful information, as well as to give us more motivation to update more useful information for you.
Source: USA Today

Related Posts

Featured Image

Hoda Kotb made Jenna Bush Hager emotional when she shared about deciding to leave Today after a heartfelt conversation with her superior: “I left feeling overwhelmed— not in a bad way— but that’s when I knew what I had to do.”

Hoda Kotb‘s emotional revelation about her decision to leave the Today Show left Jenna Bush Hager in tears. In a heartfelt conversation, Hoda shares how a key…

Featured Image

Hoda Kotb announced that her “last Today show” won’t really happen until “the day she passes away” — and also shocked viewers with the introduction of yet another new venture with NBC!

Hoda Kotb, the beloved host of Today, reveals that she plans to stay on the show until the end of her days, as she announces yet another…

Featured Image

In 2008, at the CMT Music Awards, Tim McGraw and Faith Hill performed a heartfelt duet of “I Need You.” The stage was softly lit as Tim played his guitar and Faith sang alongside him, their eyes meeting in a display of true love. Their voices blended beautifully, conveying deep emotions and capturing the hearts of the viewers. This memorable moment showcased their strong connection, with rumors of personal stories adding an extra layer of significance to the performance behind the scenes.

Why Did Tim McGraw and Faith Hill Say This Was Their Most Incredible Performance Together? Image: Getty Images As two of country music’s biggest stars, Tim McGraw…

Featured Image

In 1982, under the gentle light of a dimly illuminated stage, Willie Nelson stood silently holding his guitar. When the melancholic opening chords of “Always On My Mind” resonated, the audience fell into a sudden silence. Willie’s emotional and heartfelt vocals captured profound sadness and everlasting affection. His listeners were captivated by the narrative woven through the lyrics. This Grammy-winning song is cherished by many, yet its touching origin story about unspoken words of love remains largely unknown.

Willie Nelson Left Fans Speechless the Moment His Guitar Solo Began Image: Getty Images When it comes to legendary musicians, few can match the enduring appeal and…

Featured Image

Country: United States Reba McEntire shared the reason behind her decision to accept Rex Linn’s proposal, despite facing challenges in her previous marriages.

Reba McEntire Opens Up About the Reason She Decided to MARRY Her Boyfriend Rex Linn, Despite Having Gone Through Two Painful Marriages Image: Getty Images Country music…

Featured Image

Dolly Parton revealed the “surprising” connection she has with Jane Fonda, and how their friendship has remained solid over time.

Dolly Parton and Jane Fonda: A Unique and Lasting Friendship Image: Getty Images Dolly Parton and Jane Fonda, two iconic figures from different realms of entertainment, share…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

error: Content is protected !!